How to manage your time and produce results.
Time Management is an important life skill, and it is especially critical when you own and operate your own business. Everyone has a different idea of time management. Whatever way you choose to look at it, we all have 24 hours in a day. The secret to managing your time effectively is to know how much your time is worth and put it toward the things that are most important to you.
Here is a small exercise to see how you are spending your time and where you can be more focused with it.
- 1. What are you current beliefs about time? Is there enough time in a day? Does time go by too quickly?
- 2. What were you parents’ beliefs and relationships to time?
- 3. Where do you spend the majority of your time?
- 4. What are three things you spend time on that aren’t important to you?
- 5. If you had more time, what would you do with it?
- 6. How can you create more time to focus on what is really important to you?
To be good at time management does not mean that you have to work longer hours; you simply have to work smarter. Most people spend a good portion of their time on things that aren’t as effective as they could be. You need to maximize your working hours. Use the time you spend working wisely so that you have more time to enjoy life, relax, have fun and live life the way you want.
Tips for Time Management:
- Know how many hours you want to work each week.
- Identify the times of day when you do your best work.
- Note the times of day that are difficult for you to work.
- Build your schedule around your personal time cycles: when is the best time for your to work, exercise, eat, sleep, and so on.
- Make it your job to master the art of being successful in your business in life while staying balanced.
So right now, see where you can make one small change in you life regarding your time management so you can feel more free and relaxed.